How To Update Software - Nokia Lumia 635
Learn how to update software on your Nokia Lumia 635. Take care of your phone and its contents. Learn how to connect to accessories and networks, transfer files, create backups, lock your phone, and keep the software up to date.
Update your phone software
- Stay in step with the beat update your phone software and apps wirelessly to get new and enhanced features for your phone. Updating the software may also improve your phone performance.
- Make sure that the device battery has enough power, or connect the charger before starting the update.
Note: If you install a software update, you cannot use the device, even to make emergency calls, until the installation is completed and the device is restarted.
- Using services or downloading content, including free items, may cause the transfer of large amounts of data, which may result in data costs.
- By default, your phone automatically downloads available updates whenever the data connection settings, for example roaming, allow it. When your phone notifies you that an update is available, just follow the instructions shown on your phone. If your phone is short on memory, you may need to move your apps, photos, and other stuff to the memory card.
Note: Check Store for app updates.
- After the update, check the Nokia Care app.
Switch off automatic update downloading
- If you want to keep tight control of your data costs while roaming, you can switch off automatic update downloading.
- On the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, tap ALL SETTINGS > phone update, and clear the Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it check box.