How To Transfer Content Using OneDrive - Nokia Lumia 630
Learn how to transfer content using OneDrive on your Nokia Lumia 630. Upload your Office documents, photos, and videos to OneDrive to easily transfer them from your old phone to your new Nokia Lumia.
To easily upload and manage your content in OneDrive, download and install the OneDrive app from:
- Google Play for an Android phone
- iTunes Store for an iPhone
- Store for Windows Phones (if not already in phone)
- Mac App Store for an Apple Mac
- Microsoft Support for your PC
You need a Microsoft account to sign in to OneDrive. OneDrive may not be available for all phone models.
- On your old phone, open the OneDrive app.
- Tap Upload icon, and select what you want to upload.
- Select upload.
You can now sign in to OneDrive with your Microsoft account to access your content on any device and download it when you need it.
Note: To transfer Office documents, you can also save them directly to OneDrive. To access your documents, on your new Nokia Lumia, tap Office > OneDrive.
- Using services or downloading content, including free items, may cause the transfer of large amounts of data, which may result in data costs.
Transfer content from a Symbian or S40 phone
Use Nokia Suite to transfer your contacts, calendar entries, and photos from a Symbian or S40 phone to your Nokia Lumia. Make sure you have the latest Nokia Suite installed on your PC. You can download it from "Nokia Suite." You need a Microsoft account to sign into OneDrive.
- Use a compatible USB cable to connect your phone to your PC.
- Open Nokia Suite on your PC.
- Select Copy content to Nokia Lumia, and follow the instructions shown on your computer. Your files are copied to OneDrive. Your photos are copied to the Pictures folder in OneDrive, and your contacts and calendar events to your Outlook.
- To access your photos, on your Nokia Lumia, swipe left, and tap OneDrive. Your contacts and calendar events are synced automatically.
Note: Your Nokia phone doesnt support Nokia Suite? Or want to transfer other content, such as your videos? You can also connect your phone to your computer and drag and drop the files you want to transfer onto your computer. If you have the OneDrive desktop app, drag and drop the files straight to the OneDrive folder for automatic upload.