How To Personalize - Nokia Lumia Icon
Learn how to personalize on your Nokia Lumia Icon. Learn how to personalize the Start screen, and how to change ringtones.
Personalize your phone
- Learn how to personalize the Start screen, and how to change ringtones.
Personalize the Start screen
Would you like to have only your most-used apps from the Start screen? You can pin your favorite apps, websites, and much more to the Start screen, and move or resize tiles as you like.
- To pin an app, swipe left to go to the apps menu.
- Tap and hold the app, and tap pin to start.
Pin a contact
- Tap People icon, tap and hold the contact, and tap pin to start.
- When you pin contacts, their feed updates are shown on the tile, and you can call them directly from the Start screen.
Pin a website
- Go to a website, and tap . . . > pin to start.
Move a tile
- Tap and hold the tile, drag and drop it to the new location, and tap the screen.
Resize or unpin a tile
- To resize, tap and hold the tile, and tap the arrow icon.
- The tiles can be either small, medium, or wide. The bigger the tile is, the more info it can show.
- To unpin the tile, tap and hold the tile, and tap Unpin icon.
Create a safe, fun Start screen for kids
You can let your kids use some apps on your phone without having to worry about them accidentally deleting your work email, making online purchases, or doing anything else they shouldnt. Put selected apps, games, and other favorites for kids to enjoy on their own Start screen.
- From the Start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings icon.
- Tap kids corner.
- Choose which content your kids can use. You can also set a password to keep your kids from accessing your own Start screen.
Note: Show your kids how they can personalize their Start screen. To change, for example, the background picture, tap customize. From the Start screen, you can resize or move tiles in the normal way.
Note: To let your kids make an in-app purchase, such as buy game points, define a Wallet PIN. You must enter the Wallet PIN to make each purchase. To define a Wallet PIN, from the Start screen, swipe left, and tap Wallet > . . . > settings+pin. Some purchases may not be available for all ages.
Go to your own Start screen
- Press the Power/Lock Key twice, and swipe up on your own lock screen. If youve set a password, type it in.
Go back to the kids Start screen
- On your own lock screen, swipe left, and on the kids lock screen, swipe up.
Switch the kids Start screen off
- On your Start screen, swipe left, tap Settings icon, and switch kids corner to Off icon.
Change your theme
You can change the display colors to match your taste and mood.
- From the Start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings icon > theme.
- Tap Background or Accent color.
Change color profile
- To adjust the saturation and color temperature of your screen, tap Settings > display > Lumia color profile > adjust.