How To Pair - LG G Watch
Learn how to pair on your LG G Watch. Your watch is meant to work together with your Android phone, so you'll need to pair them. If youre pairing your watch for the first time, make sure your phone is connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi. You need a data connection to complete setup. You should also keep the watch connected to power during setup.
Heres how to pair:
- Turn on your watch, and make sure it is within a few feet of your phone.
- Download and install the Android Wear app icon on your phone.
- You can also search for Android Wear on Google Play icon.
- Open the Android Wear app icon on your phone and follow the onscreen instructions. You'll be able to turn on Bluetooth during set up, if it isn't already on.
- On your phone, youll see a list of nearby devices. Touch your watchs name.
- You can check the name of your watch on its screen.
- Youll see a pairing code on your phone and watch. Check that the codes match.
- Touch Pair on your phone, then touch Pair on your watch. Make sure to touch both screens. Youll see a confirmation message once your watch is paired. This can take a few minutes, so please be patient.
- Possible software update: Depending on when you bought your watch, your watch may automatically download and install an update after you pair with a phone for the first time. Your watch will automatically restart after updating itself.
- On your phone, follow the onscreen instructions to turn on watch notifications.
- Youre all done, but we recommend turning on Google Now & Location to have the best Android Wear experience. See more details below. Follow the tutorial on your watch to get started, or learn how to get around your watch.
Features you should turn on
To have the best Android Wear experience, we recommend turning on Google Now and Location. You need to turn on these features using your phone or tablet, if they arent already on. For the best experience,we also recommend keeping contact recognition turned on. This feature was turned on when you set up the Android Wear app. You can always turn contact recognition off through the Google Search app.
- Turn on Google Now for info when you need it without searching. For example, see todays weather, check your flight status, and find out if theres traffic on the way to work.
- Turn on Location for navigation, local suggestions (like restaurants and traffic), and more.
- Turn on contact recognition to call, text, or email contacts.
Different ways to pair your watch
You can pair your watch with only one phone or tablet at a time. If you have more than one phone or tablet you want to pair your watch with, or if you have more than one watch, here are some things to keep in mind:
If you have one watch and multiple phones or tablets:
- You cant pair one watch with multiple phones or tablets at the same time.
- You can switch which phone or tablet your watch is paired with, but you need to reset your watch to factory settings first. Then you can pair your watch to the new phone or tablet.
If you have multiple watches and one phone or tablet:
- Your phone or tablet can be paired with different watches, but only one at a time.
- You can use your Android Wear app to change the watch thats paired. To switch watches:
- Make sure the watch youre pairing with is powered on.
- On your phone, open the Android Wear app icon.
- On the top right of the screen, touch menu icon > Pair with a new wearable.
- Touch the name of the watch youd like to pair.