How To Customize Notifications - Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Learn how to customize notifications on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The Notification Panel includes a pull-down list to show information about processes that are running, recent notifications, and alerts. To display the Status indicator: On the Home screen, touch and hold the top of the screen until the pull-down displays, then drag down vertically.
To clear all notifications from the Notification Panel:
- From the Home screen, touch and hold the top of the screen until the pull-down displays, then drag down vertically.
- Tap the Clear button. The notifications are cleared and the panel closes.
Accessing Additional Panel Functions
In addition to notifications, the Notification Panel also provides quick and ready access to separate device functions. These can be quickly activated or deactivated by toggling them on or off. You can choose the functions that will be displayed.
- From the notification Panel, tap view options icon to display additional options. The following functions (default) are located in the top two rows and can either be activated (green) or deactivated (gray): Wi-Fi, GPS, Sound, Screen rotation, Bluetooth, Reading mode, Blocking mode, Power saving, Multi window, and Screen Mirroring.
- Tap Notifications Settings icon then locate the Notifications panel area located at the bottom of the Notifications panel screen.
- In a single motion, touch and hold a desired function from the bottom two rows and then drag it to the top two rows. Additional functions are S Beam, NFC, Air view, Air gesture, Hands-free mode, Smart stay, Smart pause, Smart scroll, Sync, and Airplane mode.
- Tap Brightness adjustment to create a checkmark if you want to be able to adjust the screen brightness via the Notification panel.
- Tap Back key and then tap hide options icon to display only your primary functions.