How To Customize - Nokia Lumia 635
Learn how to customize on your Nokia Lumia 635. On the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, and tap ALL SETTINGS > notifications +actions. To change a shortcut, tap the shortcut and the app you want. You can also select which notifications you want to receive and how.
Change the volume
Trouble hearing your phone ringing in noisy environments, or calls too loud? You can change the volume to your liking.
- Use the volume keys.
- By default, the volume keys control the volume of alarms and reminders.
Switch to silent mode
- Press a volume key, and tap View icon > Alarm icon.
Note: If you dont want your phone to vibrate, tap Vibrate icon. To change other sound settings, on the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, and tap ALL SETTINGS > ringtones+sounds.
Change the volume for media and apps
- Press a volume key, tap View icon, and set the volume for media and apps.
Set your phone to driving mode
Driving mode helps you minimize distraction when driving, letting you concentrate on your journey.
- On the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, and tap ALL SETTINGS > driving mode > next.
- To set the phone to ignore calls, switch Ignore calls to On icon. To set the phone to ignore text messages, switch Ignore texts to On icon.
- Tap next.
- To send an automatic text message when someone calls or texts you, explaining why you can't answer, switch Text replies to calls, Text replies to texts, or both to On icon. To edit the message, tap the text box.
- Tap next > add a device, and tap the Bluetooth device you connect your phone to when driving, such as a headset. Driving mode starts automatically when the phone and the added Bluetooth device connect.
Use your phone with ease
Struggling with small text or blurry images? Make the fonts larger and the screen easier to view. You can also use your phone with a teletypewriter (TTY/TDD).
- On the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, and tap ALL SETTINGS.
- Tap ease of access.
Change the font size
- Tap the Text size slider.
Switch high contrast on
- Switch High contrast to On icon.
Magnify the screen
- Switch Screen magnifier to On icon, and double-tap the screen with 2 fingers. When using the magnifier, use 2 fingers to move around the screen. To stop magnification, double-tap the screen with 2 fingers.
Use your phone with a TTY/TDD
- Switch TTY/TDD to full.
- The available TTY/TDD modes may vary depending on your network service provider.
Use your phone with a hearing aid
- Switch Telecoil to On icon.
Use the screen reader
Narrator reads the info on your screen aloud. Not all languages are supported, and you may need to download additional language packages.
- On the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, tap ALL SETTINGS > ease of access, and switch Narrator to On icon.
- To hear the names of the items on the screen, move your finger on the screen. To open an item, double-tap the item.
Close the screen reader
- Press the start key and the volume up key at the same time to switch Narrator off or back on.