How To Customize Accessibility Settings - Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro
Learn how to customize Accessibility Settings on your Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro. Accessibility services are special features to make using the device easier for those with certain physical disabilities. Use the Accessibility settings to activate these services.
Note: You can download accessibility applications from the Google Play and manage their use here.
- From the Settings screen, touch Device tab > Accessibility.
Configure the following settings
- Auto rotate screen: Set the screen orientation to automatically change when you rotate the device. When not enabled, the screen orientation locks in the current orientation (landscape or portrait) and the orientation does not change when you rotate the device.
Note: From any screen, touch the top of the screen and swipe downward, to display the Quick Settings screen. Touch Screen rotation to enable or disable the auto rotate
feature. For more information, refer to Customize Notification Panel.
- Screen timeout: Select the screen delay time the screen delays shutting off after inactivity for the selected period of time.
- Lock automatically: This option only appears when certain Screen locks are enabled. For more information, refer to Lock Screen.
- Speak passwords: Speaks passwords to enter them.
- Easy touch mode: Tap to stop/snooze alarms, calendar events, and timer alerts, and to accept/reject incoming calls.
- Show shortcut: Set this option to display an Accessibility shortcut on the Device options pop-up when you press and hold the power key.
- Manage accessibility: Save and update your accessibility settings or share them with another device. You can export your settings, import a previously saved file, or share your file with another device.
- TalkBack: Activate the TalkBack feature, which speaks feedback aloud to help blind and low-vision users.
Note: TalkBack can collect all of the text you enter, except passwords, including personal data and credit card numbers. It may also log your user interface interactions with the device.
- Font size: Set the font size.
- Magnification gestures: Use exaggerated gestures such as triple-tapping, double pinching, and dragging two fingers across the screen. Touch the OFF/ON button to turn the feature ON icon.
- Negative colors: Reverse the display of onscreen colors from White text on a Black background to Black text on a White background.
- Notification reminder: Play a beep when a notification for a call, message, and so on, has been missed. Touch the OFF/ON button to turn it ON icon.
- Accessibility shortcut: Quickly enable accessibility features in two quick steps. Touch the OFF/ON button to turn the feature ON icon.
- Text-to-speech options: Set your preferred TTS engine. Touch Speech rate to set the speed at which the text is spoken. Touch Listen to an example to play a short speech demonstration.
- Sound balance: Use the slider to set the Left and Right balance when using a stereo device.
- Mono audio: When Mono audio is enabled, you can listen through one earphone to mono audio sound.
- Turn off all sounds: Turn off all sounds including receiver voice.
- Google subtitles (CC): Use Google subtitles with multimedia files when available. Touch the OFF/ON button to turn the feature ON icon. Touch Google subtitles (CC) for options.
- Samsung subtitles (CC): Use Samsung subtitles with multimedia files when available. Touch the OFF/ON button to turn the feature ON icon. Touch Samsung subtitles (CC) for options.
- Assistant menu: Improve the device accessibility for users with reduced dexterity. Touch the OFF/ON button to turn the feature ON . Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Press and hold delay: Select a time interval for this gesture.
- Interaction control: Enable or disable motions and screen timeout. You can also block areas of the screen from touch interaction. Touch the OFF/ON button to turn the feature ON icon. Follow the onscreen instructions.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tab Pros; including Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 and Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2.