How To Access Music Player - Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro
Learn how to access music player on your Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro. You can change songs or easily return to the Music player.
- Touch Music icon.
- Touch a song or touch an album or genre and then touch a song in the list of songs on the album. The song you touch starts to play. Unless you choose a repeat option, the tracks in the current list play in order until the end of the list is reached. Otherwise, playback stops only if you stop it, even when you switch applications.
Accessing the Music Player
If you navigate away from the Music Player application and music is playing, the Music notification icon is displayed in the System Bar. You can change songs or easily return to the Music player:
- Touch the top of the screen and swipe downward. The Notification Panel displays.
- Touch the song thumbnail to display the Music player. You can also pause and resume playback and skip to the next or previous song in the panel. For more information, refer to Customize Notification Panel.
Music Player Controls
When a song is playing, the Music Player screen displays and various controls are available.
- Touch Music icon.
- Touch a song or playlist to begin playback. The music player displays below the music listing.
- Touch the song thumbnail to enlarge the music player.
During playback, the following controls are available:
- Scan icon: Scan for DLNA-enabled devices.
- Volume icon: Volume control and SoundAlive.
- Mute icon: Volume control showing volume muted.
- Sound Alive icon: Touch to view and set SoundAlive options. Access settings. For more information, refer to Music App .
- Favorite icon: Assign the current song as a Favorite.
- Progress bar icon: Touch and drag the end of the progress bar to scan forward or backward through the current song.
Playlists icon: Lists the current playlist songs.
- Previous icon: Touch and hold to rewind the song. Touch to go to previous song.
- Pause icon: Pause the song.
- Play icon: Start the song after pausing.
- Fast-Forward icon: Touch and hold to fast-forward the song.
- Next icon: Touch to go to next song.
- Shuffles ON icon: Shuffles the current list of songs randomly.
- Shuffles OFF icon: Songs play in order and are not shuffled.
- Song List icon: Plays the entire song list once.
- Replay icon: Replays the current list when the list ends.
- Repeat icon: Repeats the currently playing song.
Options While Playing a Song
There are various options and controls available while a song is playing:
- Touch Music icon, touch a playlist or an album, and then a song.
- Touch the music player to enlarge it.
- Touch Menu icon to display the following options:
- Via Bluetooth: Play the current song by using a Bluetooth device.
- Add to playlist: Add the song to a new playlist or an existing playlist.
- Set as: Use the current song as an alarm tone.
- Scan for nearby devices: Discover and connect directly to nearby devices.
- Settings: Displays Music Player settings.
- Details: View song details.
- End: This option returns you to the Home screen.
Playing Music by Mood
Play music grouped by mood. The playlist is automatically created by the device.
- Touch Music icon > Menu icon > Music square and select a cell of mood.
- Select multiple cells by dragging your finger across multiple cells.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tab Pros; including Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 and Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2.