AT&T Lumia 1520 Finally Gets Windows 10 Mobile
AT&T users with Lumia 1520 Windows Phone are finally getting the much needed Windows 10 Mobile update. AT&T has also updated the support page on its website. The support page also confirms that the update was released by Microsoft and AT&T on June 23, 2016.
While the update is released on June 23, 2016, it is relatively unknown to many users. This is because you cannot install the update like you do for an Android phone or iPhone.
The update will be available for download via Firmware Over The Air (FOTA). In order to download the update, users first have to download and install the Windows 10 Upgrade app on their device from the Windows app store. Once you install the app, the update will show up for download over-the-air.
Software update includes
- Windows 10 operating system
- Built-in Applications – photos, maps, messaging, music, video and more.
- Cortana – personal assistant
- Improved multi-task and organize capability for improved productivity
- OneDrive - online storage
- Secureboot – supports quick and secure reboot
- Windows Defender - malicious malware protection
- Windows Store – for access to hundreds of thousands of applications
To update the software
- Go to the Windows store, download and install the Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor app to your device.
- Launch the Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor app
- In the app enable the checkbox for Enable Windows 10 Upgrade.
- If the upgrade is available and shows up, follow the prompts to download and install the upgrade.
- If the upgrade is not yet available for your device, you will see a message advising you to check back at a later date.
- If the device is not eligible at all for the upgrade to Windows 10, you will see a screen informing you of the same.
The update to Windows 10 Mobile is about 750MB. Since downloading update over cellular data is expensive, we recommend you to connect to Wi-Fi before downloading the update. Also, make sure that you full charge your battery or at least 70% so that your phone will not turn off while downloading or updating software.
You can also verify if the update was properly installed by following the below steps.
- From the Start screen, scroll down and tap Settings > About > More Info
- Look under New Software Specifications for the following:
- OS version: Windows 10 OS 10.0.10586.107
- SW version: 02540.00019.14484.37028
- Baseband Version: MPSS.DI 2.0.1.c1.10-00039
So, if you are a Lumia 1520 user, who is waiting for the update, then just go to the Windows Store and install the Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor app to start the update.