How To Use WiFi - Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Learn how to use WiFi on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S. Connect the device to a Wi-Fi network to use the Internet or share media files with other devices.
Note:Your device uses a non-harmonised frequency and is intended for use in all European countries. The WLAN can be operated in the EU without restriction indoors, but cannot be operated outdoors. Turn off Wi-Fi to save the battery when not in use.
- On the Apps screen, tap Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi, and then tap the Wi-Fi switch to activate it.
- Select a network from the Wi-Fi networks list. Networks that require a password appear with a lock icon.
- Tap Connect.
- Once the device connects to a Wi-Fi network, the device will reconnect to that network each time it is available without requiring a password.
- To prevent the device connecting to the network automatically, select it from the list of networks and tap Forget.
Adding Wi-Fi networks
- If the desired network does not appear in the Wi-Fi networks list, tap Add Wi-Fi network at the bottom of the list. Enter the network name in Network SSID, select the security type and enter the password if it is not an open network, and then tap Connect.
Activating Wi-Fi Passpoint
- Wi-Fi Passpoint enables the device to search for and connect to a certified Wi-Fi network. You can use the Passpoint feature to connect to public Wi-Fi networks that support automated authentication. When you move to a new location, it will search for and connect to another certified Wi-Fi network.
Note: This feature may not be available depending on the region.
- Tap Menu icon > Advanced, and then tick Passpoint.
Using Smart network switch
- Use this feature to maintain a stable network connection when you browse webpages, download content, and more.
- On the Apps screen, tap Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi, and then tick Smart network switch. The device automatically switches from a Wi-Fi network to a mobile network when the current Wi-Fi network is weak or unstable. When the Wi-Fi network signal becomes strong, the device switches from the mobile network back to the Wi-Fi network.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tab S's; including Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5.