How To Use Voice Search - Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Learn how to use voice search on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. Use this menu to set the speech settings for Voice input.
- From the Language and input screen, touch Voice search to configure the following:
- Language: Choose a language for your voice input.
- Ok Google Hotword detection: Enable to being able to launch voice search by saying Ok Google.
- Speech output: Sets whether you will use speech output always or only when using Hands-free mode.
- Block offensive words: Enable or disable blocking of recognized offensive words from the results of your voice-input Google searches.
- Offline speech recognition: Enables voice input while offline.
- Bluetooth headset: Record audio through a Bluetooth headset, if available.
Voice output provides audible readout of text, for example, the contents of email messages.
- From the Language and input screen, touch Text-to-speech options and select the preferred TTS engine, Samsung text-to-speech engine or Google Text-to-speech Engine.
- Touch Settings icon next to the preferred TTS engine and configure.
- Under General, configure the following:
- Speech rate: Set the speed at which the text is spoken.
- Listen to an example: Play a sample of speech synthesis (available if voice data is installed).
- Default language status: Display the default language in use.
This option sets your Pointer speed for your mouse or trackpad when you are using a keyboard dock accessory.
- From the Language and input screen, touch Pointer speed.
- Drag the slider to the right to go faster or to the left to go slower.
- Touch OK to save your setting.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1.