How To Use Touch And Type On Nexus 7
Use your fingers to manipulate icons, buttons, menus, the onscreen keyboard, and other items on the touchscreen. You can also change the screens orientation. Follow the simple steps below.
- To select or activate something, touch it.
- To type something, such as a name, password, or search terms, just touch where you want to type. A keyboard pops up that lets you type into the field.
Other common gestures on Nexus 7 includes
- Touch & hold: Touch & hold an item on the screen by touching it and not lifting your finger until an action occurs.
- Drag: Touch & hold an item for a moment and then, without lifting your finger, move your finger on the screen until you reach the target position. For example, you can move apps around on the Home screen.
- Swipe or slide: Quickly move your finger across the surface of the screen, without pausing when you first touch (so you dont drag something instead). For example, you can slide a Home screen left or right to view the other Home screens.
- Double-tap: Tap quickly twice on a webpage, map, or other screen to zoom. For example, double-tap a picture in Browser to zoom in, and double-tap again to zoom out.
- Pinch: In some apps (such as Maps, Browser, and Gallery), you can zoom in and out by placing two fingers on the screen at once and pinching them together (to zoom out) or spreading them apart (to zoom in).
- Rotate the screen: On most screens, the orientation of the screen rotates with your device as you turn it. You can change this in Display settings.
- To change your phones ringtone and notification sounds, volumes, and more, go to Settings, Device, and then Sound.
- To change your phones brightness, font sizes, and more, go to Settings, Device, and then Display.