How To Use Siri On iPhone 6
Learn how to use Siri on your iPhone 6. Siri lets you speak to iPhone to send messages, schedule meetings, place phone calls, and much more. Siri understands natural speech, so you dont have to learn special commands or keywords. Ask Siri anything from "set the timer for 3 minutes" to what movies are showing. Open apps, and turn features like Airplane Mode, Bluetooth, Do Not Disturb, and VoiceOver on a or off Siri is great for keeping you updated with the latest sports info, helping you decide on a restaurant, and searching the iTunes Store or App Store for purchases.
Note: To use Siri, iPhone must be connected to the Internet. See How To Connect to Internet.
- Summon Siri. Press and hold the Home button until Siri beeps, then make your request.
- Control when Siri listens. Instead of letting Siri notice when you stop talking, you can continue to hold down the Home Button while you speak, and release it when you finish.
- Hey Siri. With iPhone connected to a power source (or if youve already started a conversation with Siri, you can use Siri without even pressing the home button. Just say "Hey Siri" then make your request. To turn hey Siri on or off, go to Settings > General > Siri > Allow "Hey Siri"
- If youre using a headset, you can use the center or call button in place of the Home button.
- For hints, ask Siri what can you do or tap Help icon.
- Depending on your request, the onscreen response from Siri often includes information or images that you can tap for additional detail, or to perform some other action like searching the web or opening a related app.
- Change the voice gender for Siri. Go to Settings > General > Siri (may not be available in all areas).
- Adjust the volume for Siri. Use the volume buttons while youre interacting with Siri.
Tell Siri about yourself
- If you tell Siri about yourselfincluding things like your home and work addresses, and your relationships you can get personalized service like, "remind me when I ger home to call my wife."
- Tell Siri who you are. Fill out your info card in Contacts, then go to Settings > General > Siri > My Info and tap your name.
- To let Siri know about a relationship, say something like "Emily Parker is my wife."
Note: Siri uses Location Services when your requests require knowing your location. See How to use Privacy.
- Want to cancel that last command? Say "cancel" tap the Siri icon, or press the Home Button. If Siri doesnt get something right, you can tap to edit your request.
- Or tap speaker icon again, then clarify your request verbally.
- To set options for Siri, go to Settings > General > Siri. Options include:
- Turning Siri on or off
- Turning Allow "hey Siri" on or off
- Voice gender (may not be availablein all areas)
- Voice feedback
- My info card
- Prevent access to Siri when iPhone is locked. Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode (iPhone models with Touch ID) or Settings > Passcode (other models). You can also disable Siri by turning on restrictions. See How to use Restrictions.