How To Use Samsung Hub - Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Learn how to use Samsung Hub on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Samsung Hub makes it easy to find, sample, and purchase movies, TV shows, books, games, and music, in one user friendly location. You can rent or purchase your favorite content and watch from any location. Samsung Hub is your gateway to mobile entertainment.
Note: Samsung Hub usage is based on service availability.
Note: You must be using an active Wi-Fi/4G/LTE connection to preview and download a media file. The internal memory acts as a storage location for your downloaded rental or purchase.
Creating a New Samsung Hub Account
Before you can rent or buy media, you must first create an account. Enter the required information. Log in to your Samsung account if you have not already done so.
- From the Home screen, tap apps > Samsung Hub icon.
- When prompted to connect via mobile networks, select either Cancel or Connect.
- If notified your Samsung account is not yet active or verified, tap OK. You must be signed in to your Samsung account to use the applications various features.
Using Samsung Hub
The main Samsung Hub screen provides an overview of all the available categories on one page such as: Music, Video, Books, and Games. The overview page also displays recently added media that you can rent or purchase.
- From the Home screen, tap Apps > Samsung Hub .
- The Overview screen (landing page) displays an main access for all available categories and recently available content for purchase or rental.Scroll across the screen to select from the following available pages:
- MUSIC: displays featured Music content available for purchase/ stream from the Music store & Radio. This page also allows you to search for new content, or navigate directly to the Music store page by clicking on the Music link at the top of the page.
- VIDEO: displays featured film and TV content available for purchase/rent from the video store. This page also allows you to search for new content, or navigate directly to the Movie & TV store page by clicking the Video link at the top of the page.
- BOOKS: displays featured Book content available for purchase from the Book store. This page also allows you to search for new content, or navigate directly to the Book store page by clicking the Books link at the top of the page.
- GAMES: displays featured Game content available from the Game store. This page also allows you to search for new content, or navigate directly to the Game store page by clicking the Games link a the top of the page.
- LEARNING: displays featured educational content from the Learning store.The first time you access Samsung Hub, after you make a selection, you will need to install the categories that you want. Tap the categories to make a checkmark then tap Install.
- To purchase or view featured content in more detail, tap on any content (Thumbnail or text) to navigate to the product detail page.
- Depending on the content, you can either purchase, rent, or stream the content directly from the product detail page.
- Choose a payment method, then follow the on-screen instructions.
Samsung Hub Notices
- Any media item (Media Content) may be rented or purchased after you create an account in Samsung Hub.
- Media Content that is purchased and downloaded may be viewed concurrently on up to five (5) devices with Samsung Hub (or the service) that are also registered to the same account.
- You may remove a device from your account no more than once every 90 days. You may remove Media Content from a device as many times as youd like. You will have the ability to re-download the Media Content later subject to content re-download availability and content provider permissions.
- You may need network coverage to access Media Content you have acquired through the Service.
- You can use 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connectivity to download Media Content.
- Unlike purchased Media Content, rented Media Content will be viewable on only 1 device in your account at a time.
- Media Content is downloaded and saved to your authorized device's SD card. No SD Card included out of box.
- Your Media Content may pause/stop or not download in networks where there is a weak signal.
- You may begin watching downloaded Media Content as soon as a) license acquisition has occurred and b) sufficient amount of the Media Content has been buffered.
- You must finish watching Media Content within the time limit set out for each piece of content (which may be as short as 24 consecutive hours).
- Stopping, pausing or restarting rented Media Content does not extend the available viewing time.
- In no event will rented Media Content be available for a period of more than thirty (30) days (or shorter on a title-by-title basis) after the Media Content has been rented (e.g., if you begin viewing rented Media Content on the 29th day after the rental transaction, but do not finish viewing the entire title, that rented Media Content may not be available for the entire twenty-four (24) consecutive hour period if such period would extend the viewable time beyond the thirty (30) day rental window).
- Unless otherwise restricted by the Content Providers, you can download Media Content to your TV using HDMI connections; otherwise, you cannot play Media Content downloaded from your mobile device output.