How To Change Ringtones - Nokia Lumia 630
Learn how to change ringtones on your Nokia Lumia 630. You can select the best sounds for your phone.
- On the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, and tap ALL SETTINGS > ringtones +sounds.
- Select the type of ringtone or alert you want to change, and select the sound.
Note: Want to set a specific ringtone for a contact so you immediately know when they are calling? Edit the contact info in the People hub.
Add new ringtones from your PC to your phone
- Connect your phone to your PC with a USB cable, and use the file manager of your PC to move the song you want to the ringtone folder in your phone. Your PC must have Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or later.
- To set the song as your ringtone, in the ringtones+sounds view, tap Ringtone, and under Custom, tap the song.
- You can use a song as your ringtone if it is not protected with digital rights management (DRM), and its smaller than 30 MB.
Note: Want to create your own unique ringtone? Tap Store icon, and download the Ringtone Maker app.
Switch your phone to silent mode
When you switch silent mode on, all ringtones and alert tones are muted. Use this when you are, for example, at the theater or in a meeting. Press a volume key to see the volume status bar at the top of the screen, and tap Save icon.
- To switch to silent mode, tap Silent mode icon.
- If you dont want your phone to vibrate, tap Vibrate icon.
Note: Dont want to keep your phone in silent mode but cant answer right now? To silence an incoming call, press the volume down key. If you have switched Flip to silence on, you can simply turn your phone face down. To switch Flip to silence on, on the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, tap ALL SETTINGS > audio, swipe left, if needed, and switch Flip to silence to On icon.