How To Use Quick Settings – Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Learn how to use quick settings on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. To view and control the most common settings for your tablet, as well as accessing the complete Settings application, open the Quick Settings panel. Touch the top of the screen and swipe downward. The Quick Settings screen displays.
Note: This screen displays both Status Details and Quick Settings and is referred to by both names in this manual.
The Quick Settings are:
- Wi-Fi: Touch to enable or disable Wi-Fi.
- GPS: Touch to enable or disable Standalone GPS services.
- Sound / Mute: Touch to enable or disable sound mode.
- Screen rotation: When On the screen rotates automatically from landscape to portrait and vice versa. When Off the screen is fixed in the current mode, either portrait or landscape.
- Bluetooth: Touch Bluetooth icon to enable or disable Bluetooth.
- Blocking mode: When enabled, notifications for selected features will be disabled.
- Power saving: When enabled, your device automatically analyzes the screen and adjusts the brightness to conserve battery power.
- Driving mode: New notifications are read aloud when enabled.
- Smart stay: Set the screen to stay on as long as you look at it.
- Sync: Synchronizes your device with the network. Synchronizes contacts, email, time, and a variety of accounts.
- Airplane mode: Touch to enable or disable Airplane mode.
- Touch Settings icon to open the Settings application.
- To view all Quick Settings on one screen, touch View Quick Settings icon.
- Touch Edit pen icon to customize the quick setting buttons. Touch Quick Settings list icon to display the Quick Settings screen.
- Touch the Brightness slider and drag it to set the brightness or touch Auto to allow the device to set brightness automatically based on available light and battery charge status.
- Notifications displays system notifications. Touch a notification entry to display the details. Touch Clear to remove Notification Icons from the System Bar.
- Touch Home, Back, or swipe up to close the Status Details screen.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1.