How To Use Portable Hotspot Settings On Samsung Galaxy S4
Learn how to use the Portable hotspot settings on your Samsung Galaxy S4. This option allows you to share your phones mobile data connection via portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
Mobile Hotspot on Samsung Galaxy S4
- From the Home screen, tap Apps > Mobile Hotspot icon.
- From the Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Connections tab > More networks > Tethering and portable hotspots > Mobile Hotspot.
- Turn Mobile Hotspot on by tapping the slider so that it changes to the ON position.
- The Mobile Hotspot icon is displayed at the top of your screen.
- Tap Configure at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter or edit the Network SSID, Hide my device, Security setting, and Password.
- Tap Show password and Show advanced options to see them displayed.
- Tap Save.
- Press Menu key for the following option:
- Timeout settings: allows you to set the time your device will be available as a portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
How to connect to Portable Wi-Fi hotspot from other devices
- Activate Wi-Fi on the device that wants to connect to your phone.
Find GALAXY_S4_XXXX in the Wi-Fi network list and connect to it. XXXX are four randomly generated digits that will appear when you set up a Portable Wi-Fi hotspot on your device. The connected device can now use internet through your Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
Note: Activating Wi-Fi and connecting to your phone will be different depending on the type of the other device.