How To Use Exchange ActiveSync - Nokia Lumia 2520
Learn how to use exchange activesync on your Nokia Lumia 2520. Would you like to have your work mail, contacts, and calendar at hand, whether you are sitting by your computer or on the go with your tablet? You can sync the important content between your tablet and a Microsoft Exchange server.
Exchange ActiveSync can be set up only if your company has a Microsoft Exchange server. In addition, your company IT administrator must have activated Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync for your account. Before starting the setup, make sure you have the following:
A corporate mail address
Your Exchange server name (contact your company IT department)
Your network domain name (contact your company IT department)
Your office network password
Depending on the Exchange server configuration, you may need to type in additional info during the setup. If you don't know the correct info, contact your company IT department.
During the setup, you can define how often you want your tablet to sync the content with the server. Only content defined when setting up the account is synced. To sync additional content, change the Exchange ActiveSync account settings. With Exchange Active Sync, it may be mandatory to use the lock code.
Open mail from the start screen
- With live mail tiles, you can open mail directly from the start screen.
- From the tile, you can see the number of unread mails and if you've received new mail. You can also see a short preview of the new mail. If you have several mailboxes, but only one tile for mail, you can see to which mailbox the mail has arrived.
- You can pin several mailboxes to the start screen. For example, dedicate a tile for business mail and another for personal mail. In your mailbox, swipe up from the bottom of the screen, and tap > Pin to Start. To read your mail, tap the tile.
Don't let your mail pile up. Use your tablet to read and write mails on the go.
Tap Mail icon.
If you have several mailboxes on your tablet, tap an account at the bottom left corner of the screen, and tap + Add icon.
To add a recipient from your contacts list, tap To and a contact, and tap Add. You can also write the address.
Write the subject and your mail.
Note: To add a smiley, tap Smiley icon.
To add an attachment, tap Attach icon. Tap a file and Attach.
Note: Swipe down over the keyboard to close it.
Note: If the attachment is very large, you can send the message using SkyDrive attachments.
- Recipients can see previews of your attached files, launch a slide show to view photos, and open and edit documents. They only need to sign in to SkyDrive to download a large file.
To send the mail, tap Send icon.
- Waiting for important news? Use your tablet to read your mails even when you're not sitting at your desk.
- You can see when you have new mail on the start screen.
- Tap Mail icon. The reading pane on the right shows the latest mail.
Note: To zoom in or out, place 2 fingers on the screen, and slide them apart or together.
Note: If a mail contains a web address, tap it to go to the website.
- If you have several mailboxes on your tablet, you can read all your mail in one view. Tap a mailbox at the bottom left corner of the screen to switch between mailboxes.
Read your mail later
- In your inbox, tap the mail. Titles of unread mails are written in bold.
Save an attachment
- With the mail open, tap the attachment, such as a photo, to download it to your tablet. Tap the attachment and Save.
Reply to mail
Do you receive mail that needs a quick answer? Reply straight away using your tablet.
Tap Mail icon.
Tap the mail and Reply mail icon. To reply to the sender only, tap Reply. To reply to the sender and all other recipients, tap Reply all.
- Tap the mail and Forward mail icon > Forward.
Is your mailbox overflowing? Delete some mails to free up space on your tablet.
In your mailbox, tap the mail you want to delete.
Tap Delete icon.
Delete a mailbox
If you don't want to use a mailbox anymore, you can delete it from your tablet.
Tap Mail icon.
Swipe in from the right of the screen, and tap Settings icon > Accounts.
Tap an account, and Remove account.