How To Share And Customize Calendars On iPhone 5
You can share and customize the Calendar on iPhone. Continue reading on how to do it.
You can share an iCloud calendar with other iCloud users. When you share a calendar, others can view it, and you can let them add or change events, too. You can also share a read-only version that anyone can view.
- Create an iCloud calendar: Tap Calendars, tap Edit, and then tap Add Calendar.
- Share an iCloud calendar: Tap Calendars, tap Edit, then tap the iCloud calendar you want to share. Tap Add Person, and then choose someone from Contacts. The person will receive an email invitation to join the calendar, but needs an Apple ID and iCloud account to accept your invitation.
- Turn off notifications for shared calendars: Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and turn off Shared Calendar Alerts.
- Change a persons access to a shared calendar: Tap Calendars, tap Edit, then tap a person youre sharing with. You can turn off their ability to edit the calendar, resend the invitation to join the calendar, or stop sharing with them.
- Share a read-only calendar with anyone: Tap Calendars, tap Edit, then tap the iCloud calendar you want to share. Turn on Public Calendar, then tap Share Link to copy or send the URL for the calendar. Anyone can use the URL to subscribe to your calendar using a compatible app, such as Calendar for iOS or OS X.
Calendar settings on iPhone 5
There are several settings in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars that affect Calendar and your calendar accounts. These include:
- Syncing of past events (future events are always synced)
- Alert tone played for new meeting invitations
- Calendar time zone support, to show dates and times using a different time zone
This article will work on all iPhones using iOS 6; including iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5.