How To Restart On Sony Xperia Z3
Learn how to restart on your Sony Xperia Z3. You can force your device to restart or shut down in situations where it stops responding or won’t restart normally. No settings or personal data get deleted.
You can also reset your device to its original factory settings, with or without deleting some of your personal data, such as music and pictures. This action is sometimes necessary if your device stops functioning properly, but note that if you want to keep any important data, you have to first back up this data to a memory card or other non internal memory. For more information refer Backing up and restoring content.
Note: Your device may fail to restart if the battery level is low. Connect your device to a charger and try restarting again.
To force your device to restart
- Press and hold down the power key.
- In the menu that opens, tap Restart, then tap OK to confirm. The device restarts automatically.
To force the device to shut down
- Detach the cover for the nano SIM card holder.
- Using the tip of a pen or a similar object, press and hold down the OFF button.
- After your device emits a series of quick vibrations, release the OFF button. The device turns off automatically.
Note: Do not use overly sharp objects that could damage the OFF button.