How To Read Math Equations - iPhone 5S
Learn how to read math equations on your iPhone 5s.
Read math equations
VoiceOver can read aloud math equations encoded using:
- MathML on the web
- MathML or LaTeX in iBooks Author
Hear an equation.
- Have VoiceOver read the text as usual. VoiceOver says math before it starts reading an equation.
Explore the equation.
- Double tap the selected equation to display it full screen and move through it one element at a time.
- Swipe left or right to read elements of the equation.
- Use the rotor to select Symbols, Small Expressions, Medium Expressions, or Large Expressions, then swipe up or down to hear the next element of that size.
- You can continue to double-tap the selected element to drill down into the equation to focus on the selected element, then swipe left or right, up or down to read one part at a time.
Equations read by VoiceOver can also be output to a braille device using Nemeth code, as well as the codes used by Unified English Braille, British English, French, and Greek.