How To Get Most Out Of Nokia Lumia 920
Learn how to get the most out of your new Nokia Lumia 920.
Get to know your Nokia Lumia 920
Your phone has two main views, making it easy for you to keep up with what is going on and what's where.
Start screen (1): Animated live tiles show missed calls and received messages, the latest news and weather forecasts, your friends' online statuses, and more.
You can rearrange and resize the tiles, and pin contacts, apps, feeds, mailboxes, websites, and other favorites. Updates of your pinned contacts are shown on the tile, and you can call them directly from the start screen.
Apps menu (2): All your apps are listed here, in alphabetical order.
Got a lot of apps? To search for an app, tap Serach lens icon. If you've got loads of apps, letters of the alphabet show up in the list to help you search. Tap any letter in the list, and tap the first letter of the app you want.
Note: You can also search inside an app, such as Store.
Switch between views
If you don't have all the apps you need on your start screen, you can find them from the apps menu. Simply swipe left or right between the views.
Note: If you've got lots of different things to do, it's easy to switch between the tasks at hand. Press and hold Back key, swipe to the app you want, and tap the app.
Use the touch screen on Nokia Lumia 920
Explore your phone with a tap, swipe or drag.
- To use your phone, simply tap or tap and hold the touch screen.
- To open further options, place your finger on an item until the menu opens.
Note: You can use your phone even with gloves on. On the start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings icon > display+touch, and switch touch sensitivity to High.
Example: To open an app or other item, tap the app or item. To edit or delete a calendar appointment, tap and hold the appointment, and select the appropriate option.
- Tap and hold to drag an item on Nokia Lumia 920
- Place your finger on the item for a second or two, and slide your finger across the screen.
Swipe on Nokia Lumia 920
- Place your finger on the screen, and slide it in the desired direction.
Example: Swipe left or right between the start screen and the apps menu, or between different views in the hubs. To quickly scroll through a long list or menu, slide your finger quickly in a flicking motion up or down the screen, and lift your finger. To stop the scrolling, tap the screen.
Zoom in or out
Place two fingers on an item, such as a map, photo, or web page, and slide your fingers apart or together.
Note: Avoid scratching the touch screen.
Use your Nokia Lumia 920 with ease
- Struggling with small text or blurry images? Make the fonts larger and the screen easier to view. You can also use your phone with a hearing aid or teletypewriter (TTY/TDD).
- On the start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings icon.
- Tap ease of access.
Change the font size
- Drag the Text size slider.
Turn high contrast on
- Switch High contrast to On .
Magnify the screen
- Switch Screen magnifier to On, and double-tap the screen with two fingers. When using the magnifier, use two fingers to move around the screen. To stop magnification, double-tap the screen with two fingers.
Use your Nokia Lumia 920 with a TTY/TDD
- Under TTY/TDD, tap full.
- The available TTY/TDD modes may vary depending on your network service provider.
Use your Nokia Lumia 920 with a hearing aid
- Switch Telecoil to On.
Use your Nokia Lumia 920 in airplane mode
In places where you don't want to make or receive calls, you can still access your music, videos, and offline games if you switch airplane mode on.
Airplane mode closes connections to the mobile network and switches your phone's wireless features off. NFC is not switched off. Comply with the instructions and safety requirements given by, for example, an airline, and any applicable laws and regulations. Where allowed, you can connect to a Wi- Fi network to, for example, browse the internet or switch Bluetooth on in airplane mode.
- On the start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings icon > airplane mode.
- Switch Status to turned on.
How to control Nokia Lumia 920 with your voice
Got your hands full, but need to use your phone? You can use your voice to make a call, send a text message, search the web, or open an app. This feature is not available in all languages. For info on the supported languages, go to support.microsoft.com.
- Press and hold Start (Windows) key.ay a voice command into your phone.
Example: To check your schedule, say Open calendar.
Note: For more examples of voice commands, say Help.