How To Customize Email Settings On Samsung Galaxy Note 2
You can customize email settings on Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- From the Home screen, tap Apps icon > Email icon.
- Select an account.
- Press Menu key and then tap Settings > <Account>.
- Alter any of the following settings:
- Account name: displays your uniquely created account display name.
- Your name: displays the name used in the From field of your outgoing email messages.
- Signature: Lets you attach a customized signature to the bottom of all outgoing emails.
- In a single motion touch and slide the Signature slider to the right to turn it on.
- Tap the Signature field, change the current text, and tap Done to save the new signature.
- Default account: Assign this account as the default email account used for outgoing messages.
- Always Cc/Bcc myself: allows you to include your own email address in either the CC, Bcc, or None fields. Lets you always receive a copy of outgoing emails.
- Forward with attachment: Lets you include attachments when forwarding an email.
- Recent messages: adjusts the number of on-screen messages shown in the current category list at any one time.
- Show images: allows you to view embedded images located within the body of the currently displayed email.
- Security options: allows you to configure email security settings. Choose from: Encrypt all outgoing email, Sign all outgoing email, Create keys, Private keys, Public keys, and Set default key.
- Sync Email: enables automatic email synching between your device and the remote server.
- Auto download attachments: allows the device to automatically download email attachments when an active Wi-Fi connection is detected. This process speeds up the process of downloading an emails attachment for offline review by not using a 3G or 4G network connection.
- Size to retrieve emails: configures the incoming email size allowed to pass through to your phone automatically without user interaction. Emails with attachments larger than configured will have to be retrieved manually.
- Auto resend times: enables the device to resend an outgoing email a specified number of times if delivery fails.
- Sync schedule: allows you to control the email sync schedule on both Peak and Off-Peak times.
- Email notifications: Activates the email notification icon to appear within the Notifications area of the status bar when a new email (Gmail, etc..) is received.
- Select ringtone: Plays a selected ringtone when a new email message is received.
- Vibrate: Activates a vibration when a new email message is received.
- Incoming settings: Lets you specify incoming email settings, such as User name, Password, IMAP server, Security type, Port, and IMAP path prefix.
- Outgoing settings: Lets you specify outgoing email settings, such as SMTP server, Security type, Port, Require sign-in, User name, or Password.
Note: Some the above options may not be displayed when using some Internet account types.