How To Copy Contacts – Nokia Lumia 635
Learn how to copy contacts on your Nokia Lumia 635. Have your nearest and dearest instantly at your fingertips. Use the Transfer my Data app to easily copy your contacts, text messages, and pictures from your old phone. The app does not work with all phone models.
Note: If you have an older Windows Phone device, or have previously backed up your contacts in your Microsoft Account, you can also add your account to your phone, and import the contacts to your phone straight from the service.
- Your old phone needs to support Bluetooth. The contacts on your old phone need to be stored in the phone memory, not on the SIM.
- On your old phone, switch Bluetooth on, and make sure the phone is visible to other devices.
- On the start screen of your new phone, swipe left, and tap Transfer my Data icon.
- Tap continue, and switch Bluetooth on.
- Select your old phone from the list of found devices, and follow the instructions shown on both phones.If your contacts are written in a language that is not supported by your new phone, the contact infomay not be shown correctly.If you don’t yet have the Transfer my Data app, you can download it from “windowsphone.”
Copy contacts from a SIM card
If you have contacts stored on your SIM card, you can copy them to your phone. Make sure your SIM card is inserted.
- Tap People icon.
- Tap . . . > settings > import from SIM.
- To import all your contacts, tap import.
Note: To select individual contacts, tap clear, and use the check boxes.
- You cant save contacts to your new SIM card.