How To Add Pauses To Contact Numbers On Samsung Galaxy S4
Learn how to add pauses to the contact numbers on your Samsung Galaxy S4. When you call automated systems, you are often required to enter a password or account number. Instead of manually entering the numbers each time, you can store the numbers in your Contacts along with special characters called pauses and waits. A pause will stop the calling sequence for two seconds and a wait will pause the calling sequence until you enter a number or press a key.
To add a pause or a wait to an existing Contact:
- From the Home screen, tap Contacts icon, and then tap the name or number to open the Contact.
- Tap edit icon to edit.
- Tap the phone number field.
- Tap the screen at the position where the pause or wait needs to be added.
- Tap Sym mode icon.
- Tap Pause to add a two-second pause or tap Wait to add a wait, and use the keypad to enter the additional numbers. A pause will be displayed as a comma (,) and a wait will be displayed as a semi-colon (;).
- Tap Save to save your changes, or tap Cancel to discard.