Android 6.0.1 Update For Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ Is Now Available Outside South Korea
Samsung has recently started rolling out Android 6.0.1 update for the Galaxy S6 edge+ in South Korea. Now, according to SamMobile, it looks like the update is available outside South Korea as well (in Iraq), specifically for the model number SM-G928C.
This Android Marshmallow update is over 1 GB in size and it will update the handset firmware version to G928CXXU2BPB8. You can download the update by connecting your smartphone to your PC and launching Samsung Smart Switch app on your desktop.
Samsung has already rolled out the Android 6.0.1 updates to the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge as well as the Galaxy Note 5 as of recently.
Here is the list of new features in this update.
- UI: Update app icons
- UI: Redesigned Power Menu
- UI: Redesigned app drawer
- UI: Redesigned volume menu
- UI: An additional quick setting toggle for Private Mode in the status bar
- UI: Improved visibility of notification panel icons
- UI: New emoji characters
- A new memory manager
- New battery optimization feature
- A new “Install overnight” option that will let you install an update at night between the hours of 2 to 5 AM
- When a fingerprint is not recognized, you will only get vibration feedback
- Google Now on Tap
- Advanced app permissions
- Camera: Shutter speed option in Pro Mode
For more on Android 6.0.1, and see the differences between Android 6.0 and Android 6.0.1 visit here.