How To Factory Data Reset - Sony Xperia Z2
Learn how to factory data reset on your Sony Xperia Z2. You can also reset your device to its original factory settings, with or without deleting all of your personal data. This action is sometimes necessary if your device stops functioning properly.
To perform a factory data reset
To avoid permanent damage to your device, do not restart your device while a reset procedure is underway.
- Before you start, make sure to back up any important data that is saved on the internal memory of your device to a memory card or other non-internal memory.
- From your Home screen, tap Apps icon.
- Find and tap Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset.
- To delete information, such as pictures and music, from your internal storage, mark the Erase internal storage checkbox.
- Tap Reset phone.
- To confirm, tap Erase everything.