AMD Updates E And C-Series Fusion APUs. Has DDR-1333 Support And Better Battery Life
AMD has finally released information on its updated chips for its Fusion E and C series APUs. The updated "Zacate" and "Ontario" APUs will come with DDR-1333 and HDMI 1.4a support, snaring bragging rights to faster memory and 3D output for 3D-enabled televisions. The rumors about the refreshed Fusion APU's were formally surfaced at the last Computex. These new chips increase the idle battery life time by up to 10.5 hours for E-series and 12 hours on the C-Series. Although AMD didn't name any specific manufacturers, AMD says that machines rocking the new APUs are available starting today. Read the press release for more information.
AMD Boosts Its AMD Fusion APUs for Notebooks, Ultrathins, All-in-Ones and Desktops
- Enhanced HD graphics capabilities
- Performance boosts with enhanced memory
- DisplayPort ++ for connecting to any HDMI or DisplayPort-enabled monitor or TV
- 12 hours of resting battery life on a single charge for the mobile platform a nearly four hour increase over previous platforms
"Today's PC users want stunning HD graphics and accelerated performance with all-day battery life and that's what AMD Fusion APUs deliver," said Chris Cloran, vice president and general manager, Client Division, AMD. "With these new APUs, we're bringing premium features to entry-level products that let users get a richer computing experience."
AMD has shipped more than 12 million APUs, and sold more than five million of the popular C- and E-Series APUs in Q2 2011 alone. The updated AMD C- and E-Series APUs meet the needs of consumers who want fast and Brilliant HD streaming video, sharp photos, life-like gaming through powerful DirectX11-capable discrete-level graphics and a parallel processing engine, as well as all-day battery life. Additionally, the updated E-Series APUs feature:
- DDR3 1333 support for enhanced memory bandwidth and faster performance and video playback.
- HDMI 1.4a connections allow for viewing 3D pictures and home video on 3D- enabled TVs and displays.