How To Use Bluetooth Settings – Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Learn how to use Bluetooth settings on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. Bluetooth is a short-range communications technology that is used to connect wirelessly to a number of Bluetooth devices, such as headsets and hands-free car kits, and Bluetooth-enabled handhelds, computers, printers, and wireless devices.
The Bluetooth communication range is usually up to approximately 30 feet.
The Bluetooth settings menu is used to set up many of the characteristics of your devices Blue-tooth service, including:
- Entering or changing the name your device uses for Blue-tooth communication and description
- Setting your devices visibility (or discoverability) for other Bluetooth devices
To access the Bluetooth Settings menu:
- From a Home screen, touch Apps icon > Settings icon > Connections > Bluetooth.
- Touch the OFF / ON button to turn Bluetooth ON.
- Touch the checkbox next to SAMSUNG-SM-T537A, if you want your tablet to be visible to other Bluetooth devices.
Change Bluetooth Name
To change your Bluetooth name:
- From a Home screen, touch Apps icon > Settings icon > General > About device > Device name.
- Use the keyboard to modify your device name and touch OK.
Make Your Device Visible
To make your device visible:
- From the Bluetooth settings screen, touch Menu > Visibility timeout. Making your device visible allows it to be detected by other devices for pairing and communication.
- Select a time that you would like your device visibility to time-out.
Show Received Files
To show received files:
- From the Bluetooth settings screen, touch Menu > Received files. A list of all files received from Bluetooth displays.
Scan for Bluetooth Devices
To scan for Bluetooth devices:
- Verify that Bluetooth is ON.
- From the Bluetooth settings screen, touch Scan to search for visible external Bluetooth-compatible devices such as headsets, devices, printers, and computers.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1.