How To Use WiFi - LG G3
Learn how to use WiFi on your LG G3. With Wi-Fi, you can use high-speed Internet access within the coverage of the wireless access point (AP). Enjoy wireless Internet using Wi-Fi, without extra charges.
Connecting to Wi-Fi networks
To use Wi-Fi on your phone, you need to access a wireless access point or hotspot. Some access points are open and you can simply connect to them. Others are hidden or use security features; you must configure your phone to be able to connect to them. Turn off Wi-Fi when you're not using it to extend the life of your battery.
Note: If you are out of the Wi-Fi zone or have set Wi-Fi to OFF, additional charges may be applied by your mobile operator for mobile data use.
Turning Wi-Fi on and connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Tap Home key >Appsicon > Apps tab > Settings > Networks tab > Wi-Fi.
- Set Wi-Fi to ON to turn it on and start scanning for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Tap the Wi-Fi menu again to see a list of active and in-range Wi-Fi networks.
- Secured networks are indicated by a lock icon.
- Tap a network to connect to it.
- If the network is secured, you are prompted to enter a password or other credentials. (Ask your network administrator for details)
- The status bar displays icons that indicate Wi-Fi status.
- If the network is open, you are prompted to confirm that you want to connect to that network by tapping Connect.
- If the network is secured, you are prompted to enter a password or other credentials. (Ask your network administrator for details).
- Tap the Menu icon to access the following options.
- Connect by WPS button: Set up a connection to a WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) router or other equipment.
- Connect by WPS PIN: View the PIN used by your device to set up a PIN secured connection to a Wi-Fi router or other equipment.
- Add network: Add additional networks by entering SSID and other settings.
- Wi-Fi Direct: Connect to other Wi-Fi Direct devices.
- Advanced Wi-Fi: Configure additional settings.
- Interactive tutorial: Learn about setting up and using Wi-Fi networks, and other settings.
- The Status Bar at the top of your screen will display an icon that indicates your Wi-Fi status.
- If you are not in range of a Wi-Fi network and use a network connection. Additional data charges may apply.
- Access to the Internet and a wireless router required. As an added convenience, Your service provider has shipped certain smartphones with Wi-Fi enabled as a default setting. Leaving Wi-Fi enabled when not connected to a Wi-Fi network may affect battery charge. Qualifying data plan required.
- This device supports WEP, WPA/ WPA2-PSK and 802.1x EAP. (Some EAP methods are not supported.) If your Wi-Fi service provider or network administrator sets encryption for network security, enter the key in the pop-up window. If encryption is not set, this pop-up window will not be shown. You can obtain the key from your Wi-Fi service provider or network administrator.