How To Use WiFi Direct - Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Learn how to use WiFi Direct on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. It allows device-to-device connections so you can transfer large amounts of data over a Wi-Fi connection.
Note: See your service plan for applicable charges for Wi-Fi Direct.
- From a Home screen, touch Apps icon > Settings icon > Connections > Wi-Fi.
- Touch the OFF / ON button to turn Wi-Fi ON.
- At the bottom of the Wi-Fi screen, touch Wi-Fi Direct.
- Repeat Steps 1 - 3 on the other device with which you want to connect. The steps on the other device may vary depending on the device.
- On your tablet, touch Scan. The device scans for other Wi-Fi Direct devices.
- Once the device you want to connect to displays, touch it.
- The other device has 2 minutes to touch Accept for the connection to be made.
- Once connected, the other device will show as Connected in your list of Wi-Fi Direct devices and the WiFi Direct icon will display at the top of your screen.
Sharing Information with Connected Device
To share Videos, Photos, or other information with the connected device, follow these steps:
- View the information that you want to share. For example, if you want to share a photo, find the photo in your camera viewer or My Files folder, then touch the Share, Share via, or Send via option.
- Touch the Wi-Fi Direct option.
- Touch the connected device name. For example, Android_55ca.
- Touch Done.The file is transferred and the other device will receive a screen notification that a Wi-Fi file has been received. The file can be found in My Files > All files > Device storage in the ShareViaWifi folder.
Note: Depending on the other device model, the prompts and shared folder information may differ.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1.