How To Use Video Player - Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
Learn how to use videos player on your Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet. Use the Movies application to play movies and other video content that youve saved or downloaded to your device. The Movies application also helps you get poster art, plot summaries, genre info, and director details for each movie. You can also play your movies on other devices that are connected to the same network.
Note: Some video files may not be playable in the Movies application.
- Tap to play your most recently watched video
- Open the Video Unlimited application
- View menu options
- Browse all videos downloaded or saved to your device
- Tap to play saved or downloaded video files
- Scroll up or down to view content
- Browse all applications downloaded or saved to your device
- View all subscribed or downloaded files in the Podcast application
Note: Sony Entertainment Network with Video Unlimited and Music Unlimited is not available in every market. Separate subscription required. Additional terms and conditions apply.
To play a video in Movies
- From your Home screen, tap , then find and tap Movies.
- Find and tap the video that you want to play. If the video is not displayed on the screen, tap All in the My Collection tab, then find and tap the video that you want to play.
- To display or hide the controls, tap the screen.
- To pause playing, tap Pause icon. To resume playing, tap Play icon.
- To rewind, drag the progress bar marker to the left. To fast forward, drag the progress bar marker to the right.
To play a video on an external device
- When the video is playing, tap the screen to display all the controls.
- Tap Menu icon > Throw.
- Select an external device on which to play the video. If there is no external device available, follow the on-screen instructions to add one.
To change settings in Movies
- From your Home screen, tap Apps icon, then find and tap Movies.
- Tap Menu icon > Settings, then change the settings as desired.
To change the sound settings while a video is playing
- While a video is playing, tap the screen to display the controls.
- Tap Menu icon, then tap Sound effects.
- Mark the checkboxes for the sound settings that you want to activate.
- When you're finished, tap OK.
To share a video
- When a video is playing, tap Menu icon, then tap Share.
- In the menu that opens, tap the application that you want to use to share the selected video, then follow the relevant steps to send it.