How To Use Store - Nokia Lumia 635
Learn how to use store on your Nokia Lumia 635. Make your phone your own with more apps, games, and other items, some of which are free of charge. Browse Store to find the latest content for you and your phone.
You can download:
- Entertainment apps and services
- News apps and services
You can also:
- Get content that is relevant to your tastes and location
- Share recommendations with your friends
- The availability of Store and the selection of items available for download depend on your region. To download from Store, you need to be signed in to your Microsoft account on your phone. When you're signed in, you are offered content compatible with your phone.
- You can search for and download content directly to your phone, or browse Store content on your computer and send links from there to your phone by text message.Many items are free of charge; some you need to pay for with your credit card or on your phone bill.
- The availability of payment methods depends on your country of residence and your network service provider. Using services or downloading content, including free items, may cause the transfer of large amounts of data, which may result in data costs.
Check out the latest and most downloaded apps, games, and other items recommended for you and your phone. Browse different categories, or search for specific items. On the start screen, swipe left, and tap Store.
- Tap a category on the front page, or swipe left or right to see more categories and items.
- Tap an item to view its details. When you view an item, related items are also shown.
Note: Did you find something in Store that you know your friends would be interested in? Tap share to send them a link.
Note: Want to get personalized suggestions on which apps and games might interest you? Connect your Microsoft or Facebook account to Bing, and Store suggests a selection of apps for you.
- Tap Search Key, write your search words, and tap Next icon.
Download an app, game, or other item
Download free apps, games, or other stuff, or buy more content for your phone.
- On the start screen, swipe left, and tap Store icon.
- Tap an item to view its details.
- If the item has a price, tap buy, or to try the item for free for a limited time, tap try. If the item is free, tap install. The availability of payment methods depends on your country of residence and your network service provider.
- If you're not signed in to your Microsoft account, sign in now.
- Follow the instructions shown on your phone.When the download is complete, you can open or view the item, or continue browsing for more content. The content type determines where the item is stored in your phone: music, videos, and podcasts can be found in Music, Video, and podcasts, games can be found in games, and apps can be found in the apps menu. For more info on an item, contact the publisher of the item.
Note: Use a Wi-Fi connection to download large files.
Note: In the Store main view, you can see a notification at the top right corner of the screen on how many of your downloaded apps, games, and other content have updates.
Note: If you want to see info on your downloaded apps, games, and other content, on the start screen, swipe left, tap Store icon > . . . > downloads, and swipe to downloads to see the ongoing downloads, or to history to see the previously downloaded content. If the app youve downloaded doesnt support your phone language, the app uses US English by default. If youve added more than one phone language and the app supports one of them, the app is downloaded in the supported language.
Note: You can also use your computer to browse Windows Phone Store and download content to your phone. Go to windowsphone, and browse or search for apps and games.
View your ongoing downloads
- While an item is downloading, you can continue to browse Store for other content and add items to be downloaded. To view the status of your downloads, on the Store main view, swipe to downloads to see the ongoing downloads, or to history to see the previously downloaded content.
Note: To check the status of the currently ongoing download, tap check install.
Note: If you need to, for example, temporarily close your internet connection, tap and hold the downloading item, and tap pause. To resume downloading, tap resume. Pause pending items individually. If a download fails, you can re-download the item.
Write a review for an app
Do you want to share your opinion on an app with other Store users? Rate and review the app. You can post one review per app that you download.
- On the start screen, swipe left, tap and hold the app, and tap rate and review.
- Rate the app, and write your review.
Note: You can rate and review your other items in the same way.
Reset your advertising ID
- If you dont want your apps to connect your past activities with your future ones, on the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, and tap ALL SETTINGS > advertising id > Reset your advertising ID.