How To Use Samsung Account On Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Just as important as setting up and activating a Google account to help provide access to Maps, Latitude, Play Store, etc.. An active Samsung account is required to begin accessing applications such as Chat On and AllShare Play on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Note: The Samsung account application will manage your access to the previously mentioned applications, and there is no longer a need to remember different passwords for each application.
- Tap Apps and tap any of the above mentioned applications (such as AllShare Play).
- Press Home button > Menu key and then tap Settings > Add account > Samsung account.
- If you have previously created a Samsung account, tap Sign in.
- If this is your first time, tap Create new account.
- If you agree to the terms, place a green check mark in the I accept all the terms above field and tap Agree.
- Enter your the required information and tap Sign up.
Note: You may be prompted to confirm your credentials via email.
- Verify your account via email by accessing the email address provided during setup and following the steps outlined to complete your registration.
- If you have already setup your email account on the device, tap Go to Mailbox and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you have already verified your email address, tap Activate account.
- Confirm the Samsung account icon no longer appears in the Notifications area at the top of the screen.
Note: Without confirming your email address and following the documented procedures, related applications will not function properly since it is Samsung account that is managing their username and password access.