How To Use File Storage - Android Lollipop
Android 5.0 makes it easy to store and browse through pictures, videos, and other files on your device and attach them to an email, Hangout message, and so on. You can also use stored images as your Home screen wallpaper.
For example, to attach an image to an email you're composing, touch the Paper Clip icon in the top right and choose to either Attach file or Insert from Drive to select stored images in your Drive folder.
From here, you can view any of these sources:
- Recent shows you the photos or videos you've taken or opened most recently.
- Drive lets you attach any files stored in Google Drive.
- Images displays any photos, videos, or other images on your device.
- Downloads includes most files (excluding Play content) you've downloaded from emails or the Web
- Photos lets you browse all the images and videos that are on your device or have been uploaded to your Google account.
Use the Downloads app to view, reopen, or delete files you download from Gmail or other sources (excluding Google Play books, videos, magazines, and other media.)
In the Downloads app:
- Touch an item to open it.
- In your list of downloads, touch & hold an item to select it. Touch Share icon and choose a sharing method from the list. Touch Delete icon to delete.
Google Play streams purchases and rentals via the Internet. So the purchases and rentals dont always occupy storage space when you play them. Although you can download content in Google Play apps to access offline, Google Play content never appears in Downloads.