How To Configure Maps - Samsung Galaxy S5
Learn how to configure Maps on your Samsung Galaxy S5. Depending on your location, you can view basic, custom, and satellite maps and local business information, including location, contact information, and driving directions. You can also post public messages about a location and track your friends.
Before using Google Map you must have at least an active data connection. The Map application does not cover every country or city.
To receive better GPS signals, avoid using your device in the following conditions:
- inside a building or between buildings
- in a tunnel or underground passage
- in poor weather
- around high-voltage or electromagnetic fields
- in a vehicle with tinted windows
- From the Home screen, tap Apps icon > Maps icon. A map will display with your location in the very center.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to use the Map application.