How To Use Apps On iPhone 5
You interact with iPhone using your fingers to tap, double-tap, swipe, and pinch objects on the touchscreen. Continue reading on how to use it.
How to open and switch between apps on iPhone
- To go to the Home screen, press the Home button.
- Open an app: Tap it.
- To return to the Home screen, press the Home button again.
- See another Home screen: Swipe left or right.
- Go to the first Home screen: Press the Home button.
- View recently used apps: Double-click the Home button to reveal the multitasking bar.
- Tap an app to use it again. Swipe left to see more apps. If you have a lot of apps, you might want to use Spotlight to locate and open them.
How to scroll on iPhone
- Drag up or down to scroll. On some screens, such as webpages, you can also scroll side to side. Dragging your finger to scroll wont choose or activate anything on the screen.
- Flick to scroll quickly.
- You can wait for the scrolling to come to a stop, or touch the screen to stop it immediately.
- To quickly scroll to the top of a page, tap the status bar at the top of the screen.
How to use Lists on iPhone
Depending on the list, choosing an item can do different thingsfor example, it may open another list, play a song, open an email, or show someones contact information.
- Choose an item in a list: Tap it.
- Some lists have an index along the side to help you navigate quickly.
- Return to a previous list: Tap the back button in the upper-left corner.
How to Zoom in or out on iPhone
Depending on the app, you may be able to zoom in to enlarge, or zoom out to reduce the image on the screen. When viewing photos, webpages, mail, or maps, for example, pinch two fingers together to zoom out or spread them apart to zoom in. For photos and webpages, you can also double-tap (tap twice quickly) to zoom in, then double-tap again to zoom out. For maps, doubletap to zoom in and tap once with two fingers to zoom out. Zoom is also an accessibility feature that lets you magnify the screen with any app youre using, to help you see whats on the display
How to use Portrait and landscape orientation on iPhone
You can view many iPhone apps in either portrait or landscape orientation. Rotate iPhone and the display rotates too, adjusting to fit the new orientation.
- Lock the screen in portrait orientation: Double-click the Home button, swipe the multitasking bar from left to right, then tap Orientation Lock icon. The orientation lock icon appears in the status bar when the screen orientation is locked.
How to adjust brightness on iPhone
You can manually adjust the brightness of the screen, or turn on Auto-Brightness to have iPhone use the built-in ambient light sensor to automatically adjust the brightness.
- Adjust the screen brightness: Go to Settings > Brightness & Wallpaper, then drag the slider.
- Turn Auto-Brightness on or off: Go to Settings > Brightness & Wallpaper.
This guide will work on all iPhones using iOS 6; including iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5.