- Written By: Haridas Gowra
- Category: Mobile Guides
- Publish Date:
- Views: 620
Learn how to use Widgets on your Sony Xperia Z1. Widgets are small applications that you can use directly on your Home screen. They also function as shortcuts. For example, the Weather widget allows you to see basic weather information directly on your Home screen. But when you tap the widget, the full Weather application opens. You can download additional widgets from Google Play™.
To add a widget to the Home screen
- Touch and hold an empty area on your Home screen until the device vibrates, then tap Widgets.
- Find and tap the widget that you want to add.
To resize a widget
- Touch and hold a widget until it magnifies and the device vibrates, then release the widget. If the widget can be resized, for example, the Calendar widget, then a highlighted frame and resizing dots appear.
- Drag the dots inward or outward to shrink or expand the widget.
- To confirm the new size of the widget, tap anywhere on the Home screen.
To move a widget on the Home screen
- Touch and hold the widget until it magnifies and the device vibrates, then drag it to the new location.
To delete a widget from the Home screen
- Touch and hold the widget until it magnifies and the device vibrates, then drag it to Delete icon.