- Written By: Edward Ramamoorthy
- Category: Mobile Guides
- Publish Date:
- Views: 806
Learn how to use skydrive on your Nokia Lumia 1520. Store your stuff in the clouds. You don't need to worry about freeing memory for your favorites or new apps.
- Sky Drive is cloud storage for all your documents and photos, so you can access, share, or restore them if needed. You can also set it to back up your stuff automatically, so when you take a photo or a video, it's copied to your cloud album.
- With Sky Drive, you can access your photos, documents, and more from your phone, tablet, or computer. Depending on the app, you can even continue working on a document right from where you left it earlier.
- There are several places where you can access your stuff on Sky Drive. You can save photos to Sky Drive in the Photos hub, or manage your office documents in the Office hub.
Note: To easily manage your stuff in the cloud using your phone, you can download the Sky Drive app from Store.
Save your photos and other stuff to SkyDrive
You can upload files saved on your phone to SkyDrive for easy access from your phone, tablet, or computer. You need a Microsoft account to connect to SkyDrive.
Tap Photos, and browse to a photo or video.
Tap . . . > save to SkyDrive.
Write a caption for the photo, if you want, and tap Write Caption icon.
Note: To set your phone to automatically upload photos or videos to SkyDrive, on the start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings. Swipe to applications, and tap photos + camera > SkyDrive.
Save an Office document to SkyDrive
- Tap Office, swipe to places, and tap phone. Then tap and hold the file you want to save, and tap save to... > SkyDrive.
Note: You can also save a document to SkyDrive while working on it. Tap . . . > save as..., and switch Save to to SkyDrive. If you change the Save to location, it changes the default location for all files.
Share your photos and documents between your devices
With SkyDrive, you can easily access your photos, documents, and other stuff you have uploaded from any of your devices.
- To upload your photos, documents, or other stuff saved on your phone, tablet, or computer to SkyDrive, you need to sign in to your Microsoft account. To access the uploaded content on another device, you need to sign in to the same Microsoft account that was used when uploading the content.
- To upload or download content, you need an internet connection. If you don't have a data plan, the data transmission costs may pile up quickly. For info about possible data costs, contact your network service provider.
- There are several places where you can access your stuff on SkyDrive. On your phone, you can check your photos and videos in the Photos hub, or open your Office documents in the Office hub. You can also download the SkyDrive app from Store to see and manage all types of files on your phone.
- On your tablet or computer, you can either manage your stuff online at www.skydrive.com, or you can use the SkyDrive app and access SkyDrive straight from your desktop. If you don't yet have the SkyDrive app, you can download and install it from www.skydrive.com.
Note: With the SkyDrive app on your computer, you can simply drag and drop the files you want to upload to the SkyDrive folder in the file manager, such as Windows Explorer or Finder, and the files are automatically uploaded to SkyDrive.