Safari at a glance
- Logging in to the same site frequently? When you’re asked if you want to save the password for the site, tap Yes. The next time you visit, your user name and password will be filled in for you.
- Fill in a form. Tap any field to bring up the onscreen keyboard. Tap < or > above the onscreen keyboard to move from field to field.
- Fill it in automatically. Go to Settings > Safari > Passwords & Autofill and turn on Use Contact Info. Then, tap AutoFill above the onscreen keyboard when you’re filling in the form.
- Enter your credit card information. Go to Settings > Safari > Autofill and save your credit card information, then look for the AutoFill Credit Card button above the onscreen keyboard whenever you’re in a credit card field. Your card’s security code is not stored, so you still enter that yourself.
- Submit a form. Tap Go, Search, or the link on the webpage.
Privacy and security
- Ask for a little privacy. Turn on Settings > Safari > Do Not Track. Safari will ask websites you visit to not track your browsing, but beware—a website can choose not to honor the request.
- Avoid cookie clutter. Go to Settings > Safari > Accept Cookies. To remove cookies already on iPhone, go to Settings > Safari > Clear Cookies and Data.
- Erase your browsing history and data from iPhone. Go to Settings > Safari > Clear History, and Settings > Safari > Clear Cookies and Data.
- Visit sites without making history. Tap Private on either the open pages screen or the bookmarks screen. Sites you visit will not be added to History on your iPhone.
- Watch for suspicious websites! Turn on Settings > Safari > Fraudulent Website Warning.
Settings > Safari, where you can: