- Written By: Ajay
- Category: Mobile Guides
- Publish Date:
- Views: 2428
The Motion feature allows you to assign specific functions to certain phone actions that are detected by both the accelerometer and gyroscope on Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
To activate motion:
- From the Home screen, press Menu key and then tap Settings > Motion.
- In a single motion touch and slide the Motion slider to the right to turn it on.
Note: If Motion is not enabled, all motion services are greyed-out and disabled.
To activate different motion functions:
- Tap the Motion activation field and activate the desired on-screen motion option.
- Quick glance: Once enabled, allows you to check key device information at a glance by just reaching towards your device.
- Direct call: Once enabled, the device will dial the currently displayed on-screen Contact entry as soon as you place the device to your ear.
- Smart alert: Once enabled, pickup the device to be alerted and notified of you have missed any calls or messages.
- Double tap to top: Once enabled, double tap the top of the device to be taken to the top of the current on-screen list.
- Tilt to zoom: Once enabled, you must be on a screen where content can be zoomed. In a single motion, touch and hold two points on the display then tilt the device back and forth to zoom in or out. Access the Advanced settings to change its sensitivity ON setting.
- Pan to move icon: Once enabled, touch and hold a desired application shortcut icon or widget on the screen. Once it detaches, move the device left or right to migrate it to a new location. Access the Advanced settings to change its sensitivity setting.
- Pan to browse images: Once enabled, touch and hold a desired on-screen image to pan around it. Move the device left or right to pan vertically or up and down to pan horizontally around the large on-screen image. Access the Advanced settings to change its sensitivity setting.
- Shake to update: Once enabled, shake your device to rescan for Bluetooth devices, rescan for Wi-Fi devices, Refresh a Web page, etc.
- Turn over to mute/pause: Once enabled, mute incoming calls and any playing sounds by turning the device over display down on a surface. This is the opposite of the pickup to be notified gesture.
- Palm swipe to capture: Once enabled, you can capture any on-screen information swiping across the screen. In a single motion, press the side of your hand on the screen and swipe form left to right. The image is then copied to the clipboard.
- Palm touch to mute/pause: Once enabled, you can pause any on-screen video or mute any current sound by simply covering the screen with your hand. Once you remove your hand from the screen, the device goes back to normal by either continuing to play the current video or unmuting the current sound.
To adjust gesture sensitivity:
- From the Home screen, press Menu key and then tap Settings > Motion > Advanced settings.
- Tap an available field to access the sensitivity settings for the currently active gesture. Choose from:
- Quick glance: allows you to set which features are displayed at a glance when a user reaches for the device. Choose from: Missed call, New message, Battery, Current music, or Status bar.
- Gyroscope calibration: Allows you to properly calibrate your device for use with motion gestures.
- Sensitivity settings: When any of the following features are enabled, you can then adjust their sensitivity. Choose from: Tilt to zoom, Pan to move icon, and Pan to browse images.
Note: Sensitivity settings are only accessible if the gesture is currently active.