- Written By: Ajay
- Category: Mobile Guides
- Publish Date:
- Views: 2599
Learn how to use Gmail on your Samsung Galaxy S4. Gmail is Google's web-based email. When you first setup the phone, Gmail is configured. Depending on the synchronization settings, Gmail is automatically synchronized with your Gmail account.
How to sign into Gmail on Samsung Galaxy S4
Note: You must sign in to your Gmail account in order to access Gmail.
Sign on to your Google account if you are not already signed on. For more information, refer to "Creating a New Google Account.
- From the Home screen, tap Apps > Gmail icon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. The Inbox loads conversations and email.
How to create a Gmail Message on Samsung Galaxy S4
- From the Gmail Inbox, tap Add Message icon at the bottom of the screen to create a new message.
- Enter the recipients Email address in the To field. Separate multiple recipient email addresses with a comma.
- Tap Menu key and select Add Cc/Bcc to add a carbon or blind copy.
- Enter the subject of this message in the Subject field.
- Tap the Compose email field and begin composing your message.
- Tap Send icon to send.
How to view a Gmail Message on Samsung Galaxy S4
- From the Gmail Inbox, tap a message to view it.
- The following options are available at the bottom of the screen after a message has been selected:
- Archive: archives the selected message.
- Delete: deletes the message.
- Labels: allows you to attach labels to a message. This is similar to putting it in a folder.
- Mark Unread: after reading a message, marks as unread.
- Newer: swipe your screen to the right to see newer messages.
- Older: swipe your screen to the left to see older messages.
- Press Menu key to select one of the following additional options:
- Mark important/not important: allows you to set the importance of a message.
- Mute: allows you to mute the sound in a message if applicable.
- Report spam: allows you to report a message as spam. Tap the UNDO option if you change your mind.
- Report phishing: allows you to report a message that you feel is trying to improperly get information from you.
- Settings: displays Email settings that you can modify.
- Send feedback: allows you to send feedback or report a problem.
- Help: displays the Google.com webpage so you can search the web for help.
Other Gmail Options on Samsung Galaxy S4
- Tap Reload icon at the bottom of the screen to refresh the screen, send and receive new emails, and synchronize your email with the Gmail account.
- Tap Label icon at the bottom of the screen to set up and manage Labels for your Gmail messages.
- Tap Search lens icon at the bottom of the screen to search through your Gmail messages.