- Written By: Ajay
- Category: Mobile Guides
- Publish Date:
- Views: 2916
Learn how to use the Gestures feature on your Samsung Galaxy S4. By activating the various motion and gesture features, you can access a variety of time saving functions.
Note: Excessive shaking or impact to the device may cause unintended results. To learn how to properly control motions, tap Apps > Settings > My device > Motions and gestures. When tapped, each entry comes with an on-screen tutorial.
- Air gesture: Allows you to control your device by performing motions above the sensor (without touching the device).
- Motion: Allows you to control your device using natural movements (on the screen).
- Palm motion: Allows you to control your device by touching the screen with your entire hand.
- Gyroscope calibration: Allows you to properly calibrate your device's touch screen.
How to activate Air gesture on Samsung Galaxy S4
- From the Home screen, press Menu key and then tap Settings > My device > Motions and gestures > Air gesture.
- Tap the ON/OFF slider located to the right of Air gesture to turn it on. The Air gesture icon will appear in the status bar.
- Read the on-screen notification and tap OK.
Note: At least one feature must be activated before Air gesture can be activated.
- Tap Learn about the sensor and icon field to review on-screen information about the Air gestures sensor and related icon.
- Tap the ON/OFF slider located to the right of each feature to turn it on.