- Written By: Ajay
- Category: Mobile Guides
- Publish Date:
- Views: 5272
Learn how to use Game Center on your iPhone 5. Game Center lets you play your favorite games with friends who have an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or a Mac with OS X Mountain Lion. Continue reading on how to use it.
- Sign in: Open Game Center. If you see your nickname and photo at the top of the screen, you're already signed in. If not, enter your Apple ID and password, and then tap Sign In. You can use the same Apple ID you use for iCloud or Store purchases, or tap Create New Account if you want a separate Apple ID for gaming.
- Purchase a game: Tap Games, then tap a recommended game or tap Find Game Center Games.
- Play a game: Tap Games, choose a game, and then tap Play.
- Return to Game Center after playing: Press the Home button, then tap Game Center on the Home screen.
- Sign out: Tap Me, tap the Account banner, and then tap Sign Out. You don't need to sign out each time you quit Game Center.
Playing with friends on iPhone 5
- Invite friends to a multiplayer game: Tap Friends, choose a friend, choose a game, and then tap Play. If the game allows or requires more players, choose additional players, and then tap Next. Send your invitation, and then wait for the others to accept. When everyone is ready, start the game. If a friend isn't available or doesn't respond to your invitation, you can tap Auto-Match to have Game Center find another player for you, or tap Invite Friend to invite someone else.
- Send a friend request: Tap Friends or Requests, tap Add icon, then enter your friend's email address or Game Center nickname. To browse your contacts, tap blue color Add contacts icon. To add several friends in one request, type Return after each address.
- Challenge someone to outdo you: Tap one of your scores or achievements, and then tap Challenge Friends.
- See the games a friend plays and check your friend's scores: Tap Friends, tap your friend's name, and then tap Games or Points.
- Purchase a game your friend has: Tap Friends, then tap the name of your friend. Tap the game in your friend's list of games, and then tap the price at the top of the screen.
- See a list of a friend's friends: Tap Friends, tap the friend's name, and then tap Friends just below their picture.
- Remove a friend: Tap Friends, tap a name, and then tap Unfriend.
- Keep your email address private: Turn off Public Profile in your Game Center account settings. See "Game Center settings below.
- Disable multiplayer activity or friend requests: Go to Settings > General > Restrictions and turn off Multiplayer Games or Adding Friends. If the switches are disabled, tap Enable Restrictions (at the top) first.
- Report offensive or inappropriate behavior: Tap Friends, tap the person's name, and then tap "Report a Problem.
Game Center settings on iPhone 5
- Some Game Center settings are associated with the Apple ID you use to sign in. Others are in the Settings app on iPhone.
- Change Game Center settings for your Apple ID: Sign in with your Apple ID, tap Me, tap the Account banner, then choose View Account.
- Specify which notifications you want for Game Center: Go to Settings > Notifications > Game Center. If Game Center doesn't appear, turn on Notifications.
- Change restrictions for Game Center: Go to Settings > General > Restrictions.
This article will work on all iPhones using iOS 6; including iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5.