- Written By: Ajay
- Category: Mobile Guides
- Publish Date:
- Views: 2451
You can make a Emergency call with and without a SIM card on Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
If you do not have a SIM card installed the first time you turn on the phone, the Insert SIM card to make calls message displays and an animated tutorial shows you how to install the SIM card.
Without a SIM card, you can only make an emergency call with the phone; normal cell phone service is not available.
Making an Emergency Call Without a SIM card installed on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- Tap Emergency call from the on-screen display to make an emergency call.
- Enter 9-1-1 and tap call. Complete your call. During this type of call, you will have access to the Speaker mode, Keypad, and End Call features.
Note: Selecting Location consent may drain battery power.
- Tap End call to exit this calling mode.
Making an Emergency Call With a SIM card installed
The Emergency calling mode makes redialing an emergency number a 1-tap process. Before you can resume normal calling operations, you should first exit this mode.
- Swipe the Lock screen to unlock the device.
- Press Home button and then tap call.
- Enter the emergency number (ex: 911) and then tap Call.
- Complete your call. During this type of call, you will have access to the Speaker mode, Keypad, and End Call features.
- After completing your emergency call, red color + Emergency icon appears in the Notification area until you exit the Emergency calling mode.
Note: This mode can drain your battery power more rapidly than a normal calling mode.
- At the Emergency Callback screen:
- Tap call 911 to callback 911 with a single tap.
- Touch and slide green color home icon to return to the Home screen while still remaining in the Emergency calling mode. This allows you to access other applications while staying in this mode.
- Touch and slide red color x icon to exit the Emergency calling mode.