How To Customize Storage Settings – Samsung Galaxy Tab 3

How To Customize Storage Settings - Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
How To Customize Storage Settings - Samsung Galaxy Tab 3

Learn how to Customize Storage Settings on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. From this menu you can view the device memory or mount, unmount, or format an SD card.

Device Memory

• Touch Settings > Storage.
  • The Device memory displays as Total space, Applications, Pictures, videos, Audio, Downloads, Miscellaneous files, and Available space.

SD Card

• Once a memory card has been installed in your device, the SD card memory displays as Total space and Available space.

Mounting an SD Card

• Install an SD card. For more information, refer to Insert Memory Card.
  • Touch Mount SD card.

Unmounting an SD Card

• Touch Unmount SD card.
  • At the prompt, select OK to safely unmount the memory card.
  • Remove the SD card from the slot. For more information, refer to Insert Memory Card.

Note: Unmounting an SD card will stop some applications from functioning. Applications may not be available until you mount the SD card again.

Formatting an SD Card

When formatting an SD card you will want to backup your music and photo files that are stored on the card because formatting the SD card deletes all the stored data.

• Touch Format SD card and then touch Format SD card again on the warning screen.
  • Touch Delete all.

Note

This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1.

Amarnath Natarajan

I am a freelance programmer and tech enthusiast. In my spare time I contribute to this website.

Help Us Grow

If you like this post, please share it with your friends.

You are free to copy and redistribute this article in any medium or format, as long as you keep the links in the article or provide a link back to this page.

Subscribe to our mailing list

You may also like...