How To Use Swype – Samsung Galaxy Tab 3

How To Use Swype - Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
How To Use Swype - Samsung Galaxy Tab 3

Learn how to use Swype on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. This is a new way to enter text on touch screens. Instead of touching each key, use your finger to trace over each letter of a word. For each word, place your finger on the first letter and glide to the subsequent letters, lifting on the last letter.

To enable the Swype keyboard:

• Touch the top of the screen and swipe downward. The Quick Settings screen displays.
  • Touch Choose input method icon. The Choose input method pop-up displays.
  • Touch Swype. The Welcome to Swype! pop-up displays.
  • Touch Continue. The Backup & Sync pop-up displays.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions and touch Register or Skip. Then touch How to Swype, Gestures, or Swype, or touch Start Swyping to use Swype.
  • The Swype keyboard displays.

Tips

• This example shows how to enter the word this. Put your finger down on the t and, without lifting, glide it to the h, then to the i, then over to the s.

Here are a few tips to get you started:

• Auto-spacing: When you finish a word, just lift your finger and start the next word.
  • Double letters: Just scribble on the key.
  • Auto-capitalization: Swype recognizes and capitalizes the first word of sentences. If you want to capitalize a word that is not at the beginning of a sentence, just glide above the keyboard before gliding over the next letter.
  • Contractions: Swype recognizes most words that include an apostrophe, just swype the letters of the word, including the apostrophe.
  • Punctuation: Touch and hold a key to view a punctuation menu and make a selection.
  • Accented characters: Just glide through the letters of the word. Swype usually recognizes the word and correctly accents the letters.
  • Error correction: If you make a mistake, double-tap on the word you want to change.

Swype Settings

To configure this settings to your preferences.

• While entering text, touch and hold the Swype Key to display the Settings screen.

Note

This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1.

Amarnath Natarajan

I am a freelance programmer and tech enthusiast. In my spare time I contribute to this website.

Help Us Grow

If you like this post, please share it with your friends.

You are free to copy and redistribute this article in any medium or format, as long as you keep the links in the article or provide a link back to this page.

Subscribe to our mailing list

You may also like...