Learn how to use the browser settings on your Samsung Galaxy S4. To make adjustments in your browser settings, follow these steps:
From the Home webpage, press Menu key > Settings.
The following options are available:
- Set homepage: Sets the current home page for the Web browser.
- Auto fill forms: allows you to enter text to be used in your web profile. Tap Add profile, then enter text for the Web form auto fill.
- Search and URL suggestions: displays predictions of related queries and popular websites in the address bar as you type.
- Preload available links before opening: allows you improve performance when loading pages.
- Remember form data: Allows the device to store data from any previously filled out forms. Remove the checkmark to disable this function.
- Remember passwords: Stores usernames and passwords for visited sites. Remove the checkmark to disable this function.
- Delete personal data: allows you to delete all personal data such as Browsing history, Cache, Cookies and site data, Passwords, Auto-fill data, and Location access.
- Text scaling: allows you to preview the text size, scale the text size using a slider bar, set the zoom amount on double tap, and minimize the font size using a slider bar.
- Force zoom: allows you to override the website’s request to control zoom.
- Text encoding: adjusts the current text encoding.
- Fullscreen: allows you to use Fullscreen mode to hide the status bar.
- Text booster: allows you to view PC websites easily by boosting the text size. Note: the layout may change as a result.
- Accept cookies: Allows sites, which require cookies, to save and read cookies from your device.
- Enable location: Allows websites to request access to your location.
- Block pop-ups: Prevents popup advertisement or windows from appearing on-screen. Remove the checkmark to disable this function.
- Default storage: Allows you to set your default storage to Device or Memory Card.
- Website settings: View advanced settings for individual websites.
- Enable notifications: Allows website notifications. Select Always on, On demand, or Off.
- Clear notifications: Deletes website notification access information.
- Reset settings: Restores all settings to default.
- Preload webpages: Allows the browser to preload pages in the background. You can set to Always, Only on Wi-Fi, and Never.
- Load images: Allows web page images to be loaded along with the other text components of a loaded website.
- Open pages in overview: Displays an overview of newly opened web pages.