Learn how to use the message settings on your Samsung Galaxy S4. To configure the settings for text messages, multimedia messages, Voice mails, and Push messages.
From the main Home screen, tap Messaging > Menu key > Settings.
The following Messaging settings are available:
- Delete old messages: deletes old messages when the limit is reached, rather than having them overwritten.
- Text message limit: allows you to set a limit on how many text messages can be in one conversation.
- Multimedia message limit: allows you to set a limit on how many multimedia messages can be in one conversation.
- Text templates: allows you to edit or add new text templates to use in your messaging.
Text message (SMS) settings:
- Manage SIM card messages: allows you to manage the messages that you have stored on your SIM card.
- Message center: allows you to enter the number of your Message center where your messages reside while the system is attempting to deliver them.
- Input mode: allows you to set the input mode for your text messages. Choose between GSM Alphabet, Unicode, or Automatic.
Multimedia message (MMS) settings:
- Group messaging: allows you to send a single message to multiple recipients.
- Auto-retrieve: allows the message system to retrieve messages automatically.
- Creation mode: allows you to select the creation mode, Free, Restricted, or Warning.
– Restricted: you can only create and submit messages with content belonging to the Core MM Content Domain.
– Warning: the phone will warn you via pop up messages that you are creating a multimedia message which does not fit the Core MM Content Domain.
– Free: you may add any content to the message.
- MMS alert: allows you to receive an alert when MMS mode becomes active.
- Bubble style: allows you to choose from several bubble styles for your messages. Bubbles are the rounded boxes that surround each message.
- Background style: allows you to choose from several background styles for your messages.
- Use the volume key: allows you to change the text size by using the up or down volume keys.
Push message settings:
- Push messages: allows you to receive push messages from the network.
Cell Broadcast (CB) settings:
- CB activation: allows you to receive Cell Broadcast (CB) messages.
- Channel configuration: allows you to set up the channel that you will receive CB messages on.
- Notifications: allows you to see message notifications on your status bar.
- Select ringtone: allows you to set the ringtone for your message notifications.
- Vibrate: allows you to configure the vibration mode associated with message alerts.
- Message alert repetition: allows you to set the interval for new message alerts. Choose from: Once, Every 2 minutes, or Every 10 minutes.
- Preview message: when enabled, allows you to view a preview of new message text on the Status bar.
Emergency message settings:
- Emergency alerts: allows you to receive wireless emergency alerts from the Commercial Mobile Alerting System (CMAS).
- Emergency notification review: allows you to play the emergency alert tone so you will know what to expect when an alert is received.
- Alert reminder: allows you to set reminders after you receive an alert. You can select Once, Every 2 minutes, Every 15 minutes, or Off (default).
- Add signature: when enabled, this feature allows you to create a signature at the end of your outgoing text messages.
- Signature text: allows you to enter a desired signature for your message.
- Spam message settings:
- Spam settings: when enabled, allows you to configure available spam settings such as:
- Add to spam numbers: allows you to manually enter and assign a phone number as being sent from a spam source.
- Add to spam phrases: allows you to assign a specific text phrase as belonging to a spam message. Ex: Dear friend.
- Block unknown senders: when active, automatically blocks incoming messages from unknown sources or blocked numbers.