You can use NeoReader app to scan barcodes on your Sony Xperia Z. Use your phone as a barcode scanner to find out more about items you scan. For example, you see a coat in a magazine ad and want to find the nearest retail outlet to buy it. If the ad contains a readable barcode, the NeoReader™ application uses this code to access mobile web content, such as a web page with more product information or a map of nearby outlets. NeoReader™ supports most standard barcode types.
How to start the NeoReader™ application on Sony Xperia Z
From the Home screen, tap Apps icon.
Find and tap NeoReader™.
How to scan a barcode on Sony Xperia Z
When the NeoReader™ application is open, hold your device over the barcode until the complete barcode is visible in the viewfinder.
Your device automatically scans the barcode, and vibrates when the barcode is recognized.
How to enter a barcode manually on Sony Xperia Z
When the NeoReader™ application is open, tap Options icon.
Enter the numbers of the barcode in the text field, then tap GO!.
NeoReader™ application menu overview
The following menu options are available in the NeoReader™ application:
- Tap to open more options
- Enter the barcode numbers manually. This option can be used if your camera has difficulty reading the barcode
- View a list of previously scanned barcodes
- View information about the NeoReader™ application. Read more about different barcode types, and about how to use NeoReader™
- Select your personal settings, such as language or country. This information is used to personalize barcode content. Also, you can select preferences for how you use the NeoReader™ application
- Send a text message to invite a friend to download the NeoReader™ application